Join BOCMS and become a Certified Marine Surveyor!
Looking for your next appraisal assignment? Members can access employment opportunities throughout the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands today. Are you an employer requiring an IACP Certified Master Marine Surveyor on an appraisal?Read More
Bureau of Certified Marine Surveyors - #1 Online Marine Surveyor / Boat Appraiser School
Obtain 40-Hour IACP Accreditation
- Become an IACP Certified Marine Surveyor in 40 Hours.
- Start your own Independent Marine Surveyor / Appraisal Business.
- Minimum startup costs – Cell Phone, Laptop Computer, Printer, and Website.
- Potentially earn $150K+ income working part-time – set your own hours.
- Retained by Attorneys, Insurance Companies, Corporations and Private Individuals.
- Provide your clients with the most accepted boat appraisal reports in the industry.
- Testify confidently at Depositions, Mediations, Bench and Jury Trials.
- Learn Law for Appraisers, Insurance Adjusters, and Expert Witnesses.
- Diminished Value, Total Loss, Classic Boat Appraisals and more.
- Banks & Credit Unions are now requiring IACP Certified Marine Surveyor Appraisals.
- Complete IRS Form 8283 for Non-Cash Charitable Donation Appraisals of $5,000+
- Declare Damaged Boats to be Repairable or Total Loss.
- Comply with BOCMS & USPAP Standards when appraising for profit.
- Secure login access to NADA, AuctionNet, Manufactured Homes, and other valuation guides.
- Employment opportunities and appraisal assignments – (For members only)
The Bureau of Certified Marine Surveyors Independent Appraiser Certification Program, (IACPSM) is designed to promote self-regulation, improved quality documentation, and to enhance the integrity and prestige of the marine surveying industry. IACPSM Certified Appraisers are recognized nationwide as dedicated professionals who are knowledgeable in a wide variety of marine appraisal and industry related valuation services and practices.
IACPSM Certified Master Marine Surveyors mayn have experience surveying and appraising fine vessels including: Trawlers, Motoryachts, Sportfishing Boats, Cruisers, Sedans, Sailboats, and various types of Cargo Inspections for Legal and Certified requirements such as Insurance Claims, Total Loss, Boat Damage Estimates, Boating Accidents, Stolen Boats, Bank Loans, Pre-Purchase Inspections, Court Ordered Appraisals, Actual Cash Value, Divorce Appraisals, Estate Appraisals, Probate Appraisals, and Lawsuits.
Credit Unions, Banks, Courts, Insurance Companies, Attorneys, Corporations, CPA’s, Government Agencies, and Boat owners are now requiring IACP Certification.
IACP Certification is preferred for Legal and Certified appraisals such as: Personal Property Valuation, Insurance Claims, Total Loss, Damage Estimates, Stolen Boats, Bank Loans, Pre-Purchase Inspections & Surveys, Court Ordered Appraisals, Actual Cash Value, Total Loss, Divorce Appraisals, Estate Appraisals, Probate Appraisals, Investment Appraisals, Manufactures Defects, Consumer Protection Lawsuits, Class Action Lawsuits, Criminal and Civil Lawsuits.